Anonymous

How much did NOT Marketing on Valentines Day cost you?

Oh No! Did you miss the Valentines Day marketing opportunity boat? How much has missing this opportunity really cost your small business?

Personally, I'm not into Valentines Day. No, I'm not single. I've just been in the advertising industry for much too long, and have become rather cynical about the one special day for love.

"How could you not love the idea of celebrating love," I hear some of you ask?

Well, on Saturday, Valentines Day Eve, I opened my inbox to find it flooded with Valentines Day specials. I tuned in the radio to hear more romantic specials. And I'd already spent the whole week cleaning out my letter box of all the catalogues advertising things like 50% off new tyres, for the Day of Love.

And why not? It's a great marketing opportunity isn't it? Am I just being the Grinch of Valentines Day?


OK, that's probably a little extreme for an example, albeit a true one. But you do get the idea.Just because it's a great marketing opportunity, doesn't mean it's a great marketing opportunity for YOU.

When Mother's Day comes around, take a moment to think if your business is a good fit. If not, then do your advertising after the event, when there's much less competition.

So in answer to the original question? Unless you're a florist, jeweller, candy shop, you didn't miss out on anything.


Subscribe to this Blog via Email :