Unknown

Poken around at the Dentist

Small talk during a dental appointment made for a strange one sided conversation about conferences. While preparing, Sam (his face can't be shown on the interweb) asked what I was up to, so I told him that I was off to Tasmania for a few days on business.  Wondering what would take me from Perth to Launceston for work, he probed further (excuse the pun), so I went on to explain about Poken event technology and how it's used at conferences for networking and collecting digital information.  It was like a light went off over his head, he understood immediately and was very excited about the prospect of Poken being used at a Dental conference.

From here on in with a mouth full of instruments and in between rinsing, the conversation became very one sided but it went a little like this:

"Wow, I have never heard of this before, I wonder why it hasn't been used at Dental Conferences?"
Unable to explain, my answer would have been.  Poken has been used at a number of medical and dental related conferences globally but not yet in Australia.

"I attend conferences to fulfill my professional development hours but also love to check out all the new stuff in the Exhibition halls, they are fantastic."
My thoughts.  Poken can be used for Exhibitor information but it's also ideal for collecting Speaker presentations and Conference Papers.

"That would be great, not having to collect all those brochures and carry them home in my suitcase because I'm too afraid to throw it away"
My thoughts.  Yes I agree entirely. All we really need to collect is a web address, a pdf and an email address and wouldn't it be great to collect videos and other media too?

"It must eliminate so much waste paper, they must print and transport thousands of brochures for medical events"
My thoughts.   Yes exactly, it eliminates the need for Exhibitors to print documents in advance and they don't even need to know how many copies might be required.  But... the best thing of all is that unlike giving out paper brochures, Poken software provides the Exhibitors with information on who downloaded the brochure and whether they opened it!  Cool huh?

"So I can meet people and we can exchange business cards with these little things?  That would be so cool"
My thoughts.  Yes and you should see it in action, the networking is taken to a whole new level.

"You should see all the new equipment they have on display at these events, it's not all about tooth brushes you know, you would not believe how many different dental mirrors there are available."
My thoughts.  Okay I'm sure dental mirrors are interesting but I'm not quite sharing your excitement here ;)

"You really should explore the Dental and Medical conference market, this technology is not just for Farmers."
Thankfully I could now speak, so I explained that in Australia we had done a number of Agricultural and Travel events but globally Poken had been incorporated into all kinds of industry conferences.

On that note, I left with a nice set of polished teeth and the satisfaction that a Conference Delegate could be so excited about the possibilities of Poken.  Now to convince the Organisers.....

Conference delegate collecting digital information from a Poken tag

You may also enjoy: Poken finds itself in all kinds of places
                              How to waste $10000 on a Tradeshow Booth
                              How do some Exhibitors steal all the attention



Would you like to discover what Poken can bring to your event?
Contact Sue or Andy to find out more.




With my pearly whites :)









Wondering where to buy Poken in Australia?
Please feel free to drop by Askew Vision.


Askew Vision is a Reseller/Affiliate for:

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :